Monday 29 June 2009

The Hollyhocks have started to flower this morning - peach and yellow ones so far - ther are about 9ft tall! And they certainly hide the 3 compost bins, which was my intention.

I have one tomato about an 1" across - he is still green. And a few babies are starting to show their little round faces.

The beans are climbing the poles as they should.

Not sure what is going on with the spuds - the Cara's are flowering and look a picture above ground but the Winstons (the main crop) are tiny and have yellowing leaves and a few black spots - is this blight? Off to research it on the web in a bit.

The onions are huge - have had to pull a few though that have got mildew. Am hoping it doesn't spread all around the patch.

The peas are in flower - I think we may get a tiny crop. Wish I had planted more.

Must get my brussels in today - need some netting so that the fat pigeons and caterpillars keep off them.

Hope to find out where my new section of allotment plot is this week so I can get a few things in the ground. I hope its not too overgrown with weeds.

Things to do so must fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment